Saint Andrew Square
Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh EH2
GM bacteria could save your life! @CT_Microbiol
GM Bacteria? Noooo! But what if I told you that GM Salmonella might save your life one day? Most people remember Salmonella because of the controversy with eggs, and many know that Salmonella can cause food poisoning. In fact, Salmonella causes around a billion infections every year. In my lab, we study Salmonella to try to understand more about how it causes infections, but we’d like to do something with our bacteria that you might find surprising… We think we can use GM Salmonella to deliver medical treatments. Join me to find out more…
You may also like:
- Stop Brushing your Teeth!
- Hearing loss or deaf gain?
- Cervical Cancer- You’re History!
- Whose face is it anyway?
- What if Lance Armstrong had the right idea?
- The Great British Brain Off
- Soak up the sun and to hell with skin cancer!